Do you still believe that unselfish, generous people still exist?
Do you still believe that, with the help of one another, we could make a difference?
Do you still believe that raising the much needed 12 million pesos is possible?
And I think that it was all in God's plan that my family and the Manlapaz peeps had lunch together last Sunday.
While Kuya Mark Manlapaz, an INTERNATIONAL chef (think Boracay shang+ CCA + top culinary student in Bangkok.... okay I dont know if I should be saying these, but I just really admire him for all his accomplishments! And what I like most is that he still remains the most humble man I know... okay I think I just put too much sentences in this parenthesis already lol ) , my sister, and I were chit chatting, we suddenly came upon Ate Joyce. I shared with him this post, and he felt that God wanted to move through him, too. We decided to make a Cupcake Drive, where 100% of the proceeds will go to the Aid For Joyce Campaign.
On April 10, 2012 (Tuesday), an hour right after my dance rehearsals (which I will blog about soon, of course), my good friends came over my house to start MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Let me recap about what happened that day:
- 5:00 pm
- Kuya Mark, or should I say Chef Mark, went over to my house
- We set everything up together! It was fun pulling out loads of ingredients and utensils from the plastic bags he carried!
- 5:45 pm: Ate Joyce and Ate Lindy arrived! They came all the way from Caloocan! :)
|Ate Joyce wanted to help too! :)|
- 6:30 pm: My sister, Ate Yas, and her business partner, Ate Kim, finally arrived!
|Let me tell you that whisking just isn't my thing.... LOL! Kapagod sa muscles!|
|Hi, Ate Kim!|
|First batch ready to be baked!!!!|
- MERIENDA TIME! Ate Yas and Ate Kim bought pizzas! :) And just in time, my parents also came in with buckets of Jollibee chicken and pasta!! :) yaay!
|Dad and the Pimentel siblings talking :)|
- Okay, so now back to baking...
|Yay for first batch!|
|Ate Lindy, Ate Yas and me!! :)|
|Ate Joyce and Ate Lindy bonding while swirling their toothpicks all over the brownie mix!|
|It's dinner time! We had Chinese food for dinner.|
- We had a "pop corn" prayer before eating dinner (wherein each person in the room will say his or her prayer). We all thanked the Lord for the wonderful time of fellowship, praised Him for his goodness and faitfhfulness to us, blessed the Pimentel family, and of course, claimed Ate Joyce's healing and provision.
|Forgive my eyebags and haggard-ness! lol!|
YOU could be a hero, too!
Support the Aid For Joyce Campaign!
- buy the campaign shirt for 350 pesos! (click here)
- buy cupcakes or brownies from us (only until april 17, 2012)
- pray for Ate Joyce and the campaign
- donate at the following banks: